Saturday, February 10, 2007

First Post - Brother Mark's Present to the California Lickonas




My brother painted this sign for me for Christmas. "Christ conquers, Christ rules, Christ commands." I've read that it's the inscription on the obelisk in the plaza outside St. Peter's. Mark created the font himself. I do believe his first job was in a sign shop - though I rather doubt they let him actually put brush to wood. There are rumors that he's thinking of trying to sell these things - he's got plenty of nice boardwood at Red Rose Farm. I imagine he would be open to other inscriptions...

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger ~pen~ said...

i would totally buy one. seriously.

when we opened a restaurant, the first thing i put up was a wooden sign over the front door that said "this is the day the Lord has made" - i love things like this.

in a heartbeat. paypal. easy money.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Matthew Lickona said...

How sweet of you, m2. Didn't know you opened a restaurant. I'll have to read more carefully.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Rufus McCain said...

Put me on the mailing list, too.

Thanks for putting up this here blog, Matthew. It's fun to see the faces and the places.

JP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home